I wanted to be able to search for a VM and get the free space on the LUN used for that VM. I put out some other data as well…
It has been a while since last update.
I will try to make a small update to explain a bit of my doings since last post. Some of the following points I will try to make one or several blog posts about.
I have just troubleshoot a domain with really slow domain controllers.
In a closer look they where not so slow. The Read the security log at 40MB/sec. How could that be?
I did create a DHCP scopes a couple of days ago. Something happened after the creation and a some scopes had a range of leases that got higher than 240, which was my top lease. The DHCP service had 70 scopes on two servers. This meant that I needed to check 140 scopes. First thing I rerun the script in previous post and set the top lease to 240, again, and Second I created a script to look for leases over 240 for me. It is not pretty, but it does its job.
I just want to point out a time saver.
The issue is a bit old now but I will write about it anyway. It all begins with a hyper-v 2012 and a Equalogic San. And live storagemigration. With ODX enabled (default setting) the VHD:s was corrupted when moved. Which caused a lot of lost data.
The problem should with ODX and Hyper-V 2012. ODX is mentioned in following 2796995 which is replaced by 2870270.